Seven schools in Rutland and Melton will receive a share of £483 million to upgrade and expand their buildings and sites the Secretary of State for Education, the Rt. Hon. Gavin Williamson MP, announced today.
The Condition Improvement Fund (HIF) grant is a competitive bidding process, designed to keep school buildings in good working order, as well as to expand facilities at Ofsted-rated Good and Outstanding schools.
Schools that have successfully bid for CIF funding:
- Tugby Church of England Primary School
- Langham CofE (Controlled) Primary School
- Empingham Church of England Primary Schoo
- St Peter's Church of England Primary School Wymondham
- Cottesmore Academy
- Redmile Church of England Primary School
- Waltham on the Wolds Church of England Primary School
Alicia Kearns, MP for Rutland and Melton, said:
“Our children deserve the very best, and having the right buildings makes a real difference to allow children to learn in the best possible environment.
“It’s great news that seven schools in Rutland and Melton have successfully bid for Government funding, and a fantastic vote of confidence from the Government in our phenomenal schools.
“This funding will be a major boost for our communities and help provide the best possible education for our children.”